To apply: Please submit your resume to email@example.com Applications with a cover letter will be looked on favourably. In your cover letter please include your address, transport, current and past education, the number of hours you wish to work a week, the length of time you seek employment for, and the subjects and year levels you seek to tutor.
Applications with poor spelling/grammar and those not meeting the essential requirements will not be considered.
Tutors are required for Student to Student Home Tutoring Service across a range of subjects in Maitland, Newcastle, and Lake Macquarie. This position will involve you travelling to clients home and tutoring school age students. You will collect payment from clients directly and can expect to keep no less than $35/hr for the first hour of a session and $28/hr thereafter.
This job will start in 2018, but candidates are encouraged to apply immediately so that applications can be processed.
Student to Student is deeply committed to the safety of children and only applicants with a similar commitment are encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
– Flexible work hours that fit around a university schedule.
– Rewarding job where you see real benefits to students.
– Fair pay.
Essential Requirements – To be a Student to Student tutor you must:
– Be deeply committed to the safety of children.
– Have referees able to attest to your integrity and trustworthiness with children
– Have a paid Working With Children Check and have completed Working With Children Training (or be willing to attain one and complete training – contact for more details).
– Be a university student or have been one in the past.
– Be willing to tutor at least 5 hours per week for at least 12 months.
– Have the ability to tutor relevant subject areas and/or age ranges (There is by far the most demand for English and maths tutoring).
– Have the ability to relate well to children and parents.
– Have a basic proficiency with computers.
– Live in Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Maitland, or the surrounding areas.
– Have access to reliable transport.
Due to the nature of tutoring work, this is a contracting position.
Work with Student to Student
If you have passed the interview phase of your job application process, please fill out the form that you can access here.